Back to photo list

Old Market Place, Altrincham

Old Market Place, Altrincham
The picture above is taken automatically from flickr.com, if there is something related to the picture please visit and contact flickr.com
Old Market Place could have been photographed in 1920. The thatched building was situated on the corner of Church Street and Victoria Street at number 20 Old Market Place. The building had a varied history, in 1898 it was occupied by Frederick Youlton, provision dealer and in 1903 Harry Brown had taken over with his cycle shop. In 1913 Frank Johnson furniture broker, took over for two years. During the first World War Miss Florence Dobbins converted the shop to refreshment rooms. The building next door was a garage operated by Arden and Bull at the time the photo was taken. The predecessors to Arden and Bull were listed as Cragg and Sons, motor garage, who took over the building in 1913 after it had been empty for 2 years. Prior to that, the occupiers were mineral water manufacturers, under three different names, Brantingham and Raingill, Leigh and Co. and then Groves and Whitnall Ltd.
Date: 2012-05-29 17:27:25



Marketplace

Visit : Indonesia-Furniture.com

Comments

No comment found!

Members of Indonesia-Furniture.com | Partnered with Indonesia-Export.com
Powered by IndonesiaCommerce.com | Promoted by IndonesiaWebPromotion.com


Visit Archipelago Country, A Tropical Paradise In The World : EastJava.com and Indonesia-Tourism.com